How do I install my iBlue Smart Gate device?
Most residential garage door and door fittings are compatible with the iBlue Smart Gate, which works like a conventional wall push button (which you may have). Of course, installing the iBlue Smart Gate does not affect the operation of the pushbutton or other remote control.
If you have any doubts about whether your device is compatible with the iBlue Smart Gate, please feel free to contact us. In case a wall switch is fitted to the garage door / gate, you can easily check compatibility: follow the two wires from the pushbutton to the opening motor. Where they connect to the circuitry, tap them for a moment. If the door is activated, it stops and closes, then the gate operator can be operated with the wall switch, iBlue Smart Gate.
We strongly recommend you to contact a qualified installer to help you with the installation. An incorrect installation may cause damage to your device.
If you plan to install your device by yourself here is the wiring diagram:
- white wires: CONTROL / COMMON (COM, PP, REL) ports
- black wires: + / – (24V) outputs (independent connection direction)
Things to consider while installing your device:
- You need 9V-24V or DC 9V-35V power supply to power up your device. Usually there is a power outlet on your gate’s main control board. If not, you need to set up an external power supply.
- Your device is not waterproof, so be sure install it in a dry location.
- If there is substantial metallic surface nearby, the Bluetooth signal may be weakened. If your gate/door motor is housed in a metal box, then install your device outside the motor box in a separate plastic box.
- The Bluetooth range can be further improved by installing further away from the motor box (i.e. using a longer 4-core cable).
Below we have collected the most commonly used garage doors and gates. It is important to mention that the iBlue Smart Gate is compatible with other access control systems such as magnets, electromechanical locks, and any other device that operates low-voltage and push-buttons.
|Aiphone||Tested with iBlue Smart Gate|
|Allmatic||Tested with iBlue Smart Gate|
|American Access Systems||Tested with iBlue Smart Gate|
|American Communication & Networks Corp||Tested with iBlue Smart Gate|
|Ameristar||Tested with iBlue Smart Gate|
|Apollo||Tested with iBlue Smart Gate|
|Assa Abloy||Tested with iBlue Smart Gate|
|BD Loops||Tested with iBlue Smart Gate|
|Beninca||Tested with iBlue Smart Gate|
|BFT||Tested with iBlue Smart Gate|
Last Updated: 11/30/2017 Print
Still have questions?
If you can’t find an answer, email us at [email protected] to open a new support ticket.